Open Wednesday through Sunday*
10:00am - 5:00pm
We are a four-season farm! Visit us year-round to learn more about the farm and our work to build a healthy and sustainable food system.
On weekdays, entrance to the property is FREE. Stop by the Farm Store and Visitor Center to pick up a map to explore the farm or to purchase fresh Stone Barns Center produce and meat. Options for weekend visits vary throughout the year—see below for details.
Warm-Weather Weekend Admission
April 1 - November 19, 2017
On a Saturday or Sunday visit to Stone Barns Center, participate in seasonal, hands-on activities and drop-in tours, all included with your one-day admission ticket. Click here to learn more and purchase tickets.
*During Sheep Shearing Fest 2017: Saturday, April 29 and Harvest Fest 2017: Saturday, October 7, Stone Barns Center will be open only to festival ticketholders.
*On Saturdays and Sundays from April through November, visitors must purchase admission tickets, which include access to all-day programming, to enter the farm.
The Center is closed to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays. Stone Barns Center will also be closed on the following dates in 2017:
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Important Information for Visitors
Come ready for a day outdoors
Please come appropriately dressed for the weather and for an active day on the farm. This means closed-toed shoes, water and adequate sun protection. Even when hot out, lightweight pants are more suitable than shorts. Reusable water bottles can be filled up in the Silo Lobby.
All programming at the Center is rain or shine except during thunder, lightning and blizzards. To find out if a program has been cancelled due to inclement weather, please call 914 366 6200.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy for all tickets (except tickets for fundraisers and festivals, which are non-refundable). For a refund, minus a $1.25 processing fee, please contact us 48 hours prior to your visit at 914 366 6200 x131.
If you are interested in bringing a group of 10+ people to Stone Barns, please click here for information on group tours.
Members enter FREE!
Along with many other benefits, members receive free weekend admission for at least two adults year-round. Click here to become a member and help support our mission to build a healthy and sustainable food system.
Visitor Health and Safety
Many of our activities are seasonal, weather-dependent and variable. When visiting, we advise you to wear clothing appropriate for a day out on the farm. You may encounter uneven terrain, farm equipment and unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells. We encourage you to explore but ask you to respect our farmers’ work as well as our animals and crops by keeping a safe distance. Please remember that many fences are electrified for our animals’ protection. Do not pet our animals. Whenever possible, but always before eating, clean your hands by washing and lathering vigorously for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Wipes and sanitizers are not adequate protection. Children under 5, the elderly, pregnant women, and individuals with heart disease or compromised immune systems should exercise caution while visiting any farm.
Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in any growing areas; this includes the Field, Pastures, Barnyard, and Greenhouse. Please note: you may not have a dog with you if you plan on participating in programming.
Visitors are welcome to bike to the Center, but bike riding is not permitted on the grounds of Stone Barns Center or on the Rockefeller State Park Preserve trails. Please leave and lock your bike at the rack by the gatehouse entrance.
Upon entering the property, you grant to Stone Barns Center and its employees, agents and assigns the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Stone Barns Center print, electronic, and digital media and publications. Visitors are welcome to take photographs of Stone Barns Center for their own personal use.
Professional photography shoots (personal, engagement, wedding etc) are not allowed at Stone Barns Center. For commercial photography on site, advanced permission must be secured. Commercial photographers should contact 914 366 6200 x118 to request permission before visiting Stone Barns.
Looking for a weekend getaway? The Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel offers a special Stone Barns Package that includes an exclusive rate, admission to Stone Barns Center and travel on Metro North. Learn more, here.
For GPS Directions
Enter address as 630 Bedford Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591
See below for more detailed directions.
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10591 (if using a GPS enter Tarrytown, NY 10591)
10:00 am-5:00 pm
- Take 87 North (New York State Thruway) to Saw Mill River Parkway North to Exit 23, Eastview.
- At the light make a left.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Lake Road.
- Lake Road will merge onto Route 448. Continue for approximately 0.8 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving - from points North
- Take Saw Mill River Parkway South to Exit 23, Saw Mill River Road/Eastview.
- At the light, turn right.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Lake Road.
- Continue straight onto Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 0.7 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving - from points North
- Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117 to Route 448
- Continue on Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 1.7 miles. Entrance on the right.
Driving - from points East
- Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway).
- Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119.
- Take Route 119 to the end.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9.
- Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles.
- Make a right onto Route 448/Bedford Road.
- Follow up hill and make a left at the stop sign, continuing on Route 448.
- Continue approximately 0.5 miles. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving - from points West
- Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.
- Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North.
- Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
- Take the Metro-North Hudson line to Tarrytown.
- For scheduling and additional train information, visit www.mta.info.
- Taxis are usually available at the Tarrytown train station.
Photo by Ethan Harrison