Sheep Shearing Festival is Saturday, May 3, 2014,
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Please join us for a special Sheep Shearing Festival as we celebrate the arrival of spring, the growth of tender new grass, the animals that thrive on our pastures—and Stone Barns Center's 10th anniversary!
This year, enjoy more family-friendly activities, crafts, live music, and seasonal fare at our market than ever before. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Watch the farmers shear our flock of Finn-Dorset sheep
- Learn about wool and sheep at our education booths
- Observe professional weavers and spinners
- Try your hand at carding, combing and felting wool
- Join our farmers and educators for farm demonstrations and tours
- When the shearing is done, help us herd our sheep from the barnyard to the pasture
Youth (2-14): $15
Adult (15 +): $25
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!
Thank you to everyone who purchased tickets.
SPECIAL TICKET PACKAGES are STILL AVAILABLE!
Your purchase of a special ticket package will help us continue to grow good food and ideas to improve the way America eats and farms.
$1,000 Heirloom Package
IMPACT: Helps 25 schoolchildren participate in a Stone Barns education program.
- 6 Sheep Shearing Festival tickets (Fair market value: $200)
- 6 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 2 preferred parking passes
- Signed copy of Chef Dan Barber’s book, The Third Plate, to be published May 2014
$500 Heritage Package (Fair market value: $125)
IMPACT: Helps provide a summer Farm Camp scholarship to a high-needs student
- 4 Sheep Shearing Festival tickets
- 4 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 1 preferred parking pass
$125 Celebration Ticket (Fair market value: $50)
IMPACT: Helps provide cooking and gardening education for families
- 1 Sheep Shearing Festival ticket
- 1 access pass for the Garden Lounge
About the Garden Lounge
A light continental breakfast buffet will be offered from 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
Beverages will be available from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Ongoing garden interpretation and fiber crafts throughout the day.
Stone Barns farmers will demonstrate bottle-feeding lambs.
An indoor lounge space will be available in the event of inclement weather.
Sheep Shearing Festival will be held rain or shine.
Stone Barns Center has a strict no dogs policy at Sheep Shearing.
This event is a fundraiser. No refunds are available once tickets have been purchased.
THANK YOU to OUR SPONSORS!