Stone Barns Center
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a nonprofit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene changemakers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices.
weekend Facilities Custodian
Stone Barns Center has an immediate opening for a part-time Weekend Facilities Custodian. Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Custodian will be part of the Facilities team and work to maintain a first-in-class facility consisting of buildings and grounds for a suite of historic barns, a working farm and a partner restaurant. The Custodian must have a strong service ethic and an interest in supporting an active team and facility that is open to the public Wednesday through Sunday.
- Facility-wide cleaning, including bathrooms, offices, meeting and event and outdoor spaces
- Mopping and Vacuuming
- Dusting and wiping down areas
- Removing garbage and recyclables
- Window cleaning
- Delivering packages/mail
- Setting up for events and meetings
- Other tasks as needed
The Custodian must maintain the overall cleanliness, tidiness and conditions of buildings and site to ensure that all areas are clean, tidy and safe. The Custodian must be observant and report any damage, unsafe conditions or related problems to the Facilities Director.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to Stone Barns Center’s mission
- Janitorial/Cleaning experience
- Basic repairs and maintenance experience
- Able to work independently, thoroughly and with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Able to communicate and interact with visitors and staff
- Mature, responsible and reliable
- Driver’s License with clean driving record
Compensation and Hours:
Compensation is on an hourly basis at $14 per hour. Hours will be on Saturdays and/or Sundays based on facilities needs and seasonality. Occasional evenings or weekdays may also be needed.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local candidates only.
Stone Barns Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.