Pollinator Diversity Internship
Opportunity for an individual currently studying ecology, environmental science or other plant biodiversity field who is interested in a hands-on experience overseeing plant and insect pollinator monitoring of the agricultural buffers and riparian areas on our 90 acre site. The purpose of this audit is to document annual activities during specific seasonal timeframes and compare perennial changes over time. This internship is 20 hours per week and is offered flexibly for 4 weeks from May through June.
- Monitoring and identification of successional flowering plant species and associated insects throughout the duration of the internship
- Research and identify unfamiliar or uncommon species
- Maintain and develop the data matrix (excel) of known species
- Participate with Woodland Landscape team and Beekeeper for ½ of scheduled internship period
- Provide summary report of findings