Stone Barns Center
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a non-profit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene change makers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices. One of the important ways in which we achieve our mission is through our Food Ed. program – a food studies course for high school students, which is now being expanded nationally.
Senior Manager of Food Ed.
Stone Barns Center has an immediate opening for an experienced project manager to help shape and drive the next phase of Food Ed. Reporting to the Director of Programs and managing a team of educators, the Senior Manager will be responsible for the delivery of school year programs, summer programs for teachers and students, and the online expansion of Food Ed. The Senior Manager will also provide leadership as required on specified projects within the Programs department.
• Work with the Director of Programs to develop annual education budgets and manage budgets ongoing
• Hire and manage team of educators and / or other staff in support of Food Ed.
• Refresh curriculum as needed, including lesson plans and video content
• Work with Director of Programs and Director of Digital Strategy to design, develop and manage online Food Ed. platform
• Work with Director of Programs and Director of Digital Strategy to market and promote programs and to recruit teachers / schools
• Support the Development department in their efforts to secure and manage funders and sponsors
• Manage production of resources for teachers including FAQs, online training, how-to videos, etc.
• Design and execute program evaluations, including formative and summative student evaluations and teacher surveys and focus groups
• Coach and support partner teachers and develop recommendations for supporting teachers in remote markets
• Manage strategic partnerships with other organizations for content and promotion
• Oversee delivery of school-year programs with partner schools, including full year and semester courses and kitchen labs and two-day intensives
• Oversee delivery of summer programs, including working across departments to market and recruit, register participants, and coordinate housing and travel as needed
Skills and Experience:
• Doctorate degree preferred; master’s degree required
• Food studies expertise
• Teaching experience required, preferably at the high school and / or university level
• Online education experience required, preferably curriculum development and / or online course design
• Strong organizational abilities; careful attention to detail
• A commitment to Stone Barns’ mission and values
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate and work with a team
• Willingness to take initiative, think and act proactively to solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively
Compensation: Stone Barns Center offers a salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a 401k plan and paid time off. This is a full-time, exempt position; working some nights and weekends will be required as needed.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Note: A strong internal candidate has been identified.
Stone Barns Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.