This simple soup showcases the rich flavor of these tasty roots.
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds of carrots—peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Chives or Thyme for garnish
Melt butter or heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
Over medium heat, add onion, ginger and garlic, and cook until tender (about 7 to 10 minutes.)
Add carrots and a dash of salt.
Cook for five minutes then add the broth.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
Garnish with chives or thyme.
Originally published on July 12, 2012, recipe courtesy of Adriana Stimola, Content Developer