Stone Barns Center was excited to organize the groundbreaking Entrepreneurship Intensive for Farmers with a pilot program in 2018. This immersive, experiential learning program gives farmers the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with UC Berkeley’s William Rosenzweig, additional experts, and each other as they develop their entrepreneurial skills.
Farm owners and managers run complex, nuanced businesses. Those seeking to do so in a manner that is both economically and environmentally sustainable must apply creativity, vision and grit to their work. There now exists a variety of progressive farmer training programs and apprenticeships. This initiative complements these types of programs, and support farmers in applying the principles of entrepreneurship to their farm businesses.
Each farmer finishes the week-long program with a practical and useful business framework in hand that complements their expertise in regenerative agriculture and empowers them to apply proven entrepreneurial practices to their farming business.
To be notified when future opportunities become available, please sign up below:
The Entrepreneurship Intensive helpS farmers:
- Learn, practice and integrate the key principles and practices of mission-driven, values-centered entrepreneurship
- Imagine a clear long-term vision and define concrete steps to successfully achieve it
- Design and present a compelling, financially viable business plan to attract and engage employees, partners, landowners, lenders and investors
- Identify new business opportunities and unmet needs in a region’s farming ecosystem and identify how to capture value
- Learn how to cultivate a vibrant community of customers, build strategic partnerships and structure successful agreements
- Explore the latest in practical farm-tech and digital strategies
- Develop an understanding and paths towards creating a thriving livelihood