Sheep Shearing Fest 2019 IS SOLD OUT!
Please note that Stone Barns Center is open only to ticketholders on the day of Sheep Shearing Fest.
This family-friendly event celebrates the arrival of spring with our farm animals on the fresh pasture, plus activities with our farmers and educators. Sheep Shearing Fest is an annual fundraiser to support our critical work to change the way America eats and farms.
Pick up Stone Barns produce and compost from our Farm Market and be sure to check out the Food Market, featuring local vendors with delicious goods for cash purchase: Baked by Susan, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Brooklyn Cider House, Brownsville Community Culinary Center, By The Way Bakery, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Coffee Labs Roasters, Farmers & Chefs, Kent Falls Brewing Company, Luke’s Lobster, Melt Ice Cream Sandwiches, Melt Mobile, The Flavor Vault, Penny Lick Ice Cream, Pierogies on Wheels, Red Hook Winery, Skinny Pines Pizza and Yesfolk Tonics.
Schedule of Events
View the complete schedule, along with a map, for the full festival by downloading this year’s Sheep Shearing Fest brochure.
- Sheep Shearing
- Fiber Arts Demos and Activities
- Farm Music
- Food Market
- Potato Planting in the Pasture: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Foraging in the Woodlands with Farmer and Chef: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Meet the Bees: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Four Chefs compete to win over your taste buds. Purchase a flight of sliders made from SBC duck to vote: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Herding Dog Demo: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Maypole Dance: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
- Farm Market, Compost and Plant Sale: 12:00 – 3:00 pm
- Chef Demos: 12:30 – 2:00 pm
- Vegetable Field Tour with Farmer and Chef: 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm
- Hand Shearing Demo: 1:00 pm
- Willow Planting in the Berm: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Meet the Compost: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Sheep Herding: 2:30 pm
Proceeds from Sheep Shearing Fest support Stone Barns Center’s mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system that benefits us all. Your ticket purchase will help Stone Barns Center continue to grow good food and ideas to change the way America eats and farms. Stone Barns trains farmers, educates food citizens, develops agroecological farming practices, and convenes change makers.
No refunds are available once tickets have been purchased.
Sheep Shearing Fest is RAIN OR SHINE. Please note that dogs are not allowed on the property on this day.
Thank you to our sponsorS
Header photo by Ethan Harrison.