Join us for Sheep Shearing Fest!
This family-friendly event celebrates the arrival of spring with our farm animals on the fresh pasture, plus activities with our farmers and educators. Sheep Shearing Fest is an annual fundraiser to support our critical work to change the way America eats and farms.
Enjoy activities, crafts, live music, and seasonal fare from local vendors for the whole family. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Observe and talk with our farmers as they shear our flock of sheep
- Learn about pasture-raised sheep and other animals
- Try your hand at fiber arts crafts like carding, combing, spinning and felting wool
- Join our farmers and educators for farm demonstrations, cooking activities and tours
- Celebrate spring with a dance around the Maypole
- When the shearing is done, help us herd our sheep out to pasture for the season
Proceeds from Sheep Shearing Fest support Stone Barns Center’s mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system that benefits us all. Your ticket purchase will help Stone Barns Center continue to grow good food and ideas to change the way America eats and farms. Stone Barns trains farmers, educates food citizens, develops agroecological farming practices, and convenes change makers.
Please note that Stone Barns Center is open only to ticketholders on the day of Sheep Shearing Fest.
No refunds are available once tickets have been purchased.
Sheep Shearing Fest is RAIN OR SHINE. Please note that dogs are not allowed on the property on this day.
Wednesday, February 20 at 10:00 am
Member presale begins
Stone Barns Center’s members get early access to tickets for the most popular events on the farm, including Sheep Shearing Fest. Click here to become a member and take advantage of this benefit.
Wednesday, March 6 at 10:00 am
General admission tickets go on sale to the public
$60 Adult ticket (tax-deductible amount: $48)
$25 Youth ticket (tax-deductible amount: $13)
Children ages 2-15 qualify for a Youth ticket. Children under 2 not need a ticket.
Sheep Shearing Fest 2019 Packages
In addition to individual tickets, we offer exclusive ticket packages with benefits like preferred parking, access to our Garden Lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages, and the opportunity to participate in special activities.
The Garden Lounge is a reserved area at Sheep Shearing Fest. While you take in all that Sheep Shearing has to offer, the Garden Lounge provides refreshment, relaxed seating and special farm and crafting activities. Take in the view of our vegetable field from the terrace and enjoy complimentary breakfast pastries served from 10:00 to 11:30 am. Complimentary beverages will be served from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, with beer and wine service beginning at noon.
$50 Youth Garden Lounge Pass
Youth passes can only be purchased with a Celebration Ticket or ticket package.
- 1 Sheep Shearing Fest ticket
- 1 access pass for the Garden Lounge
$175 Celebration Package (tax-deductible amount: $143)
- 1 Sheep Shearing ticket
- 1 access pass for the Garden Lounge
$700 Heritage Package (tax-deductible amount: $572)
- 4 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 4 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 1 preferred parking pass
$1,500 Heirloom Package (tax-deductible amount: $1,244)
- 8 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 8 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 2 preferred parking passes
$2,500 Farm Steward Package (tax-deductible amount: $1,866)
- 12 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 12 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 4 preferred parking passes
- Private farm tour at Stone Barns Center and a vegetable taste
test in the field (for up to 12 people, to be scheduled on a
mutually agreed upon date)
We offer special opportunities for groups of colleagues, friends or family to enjoy a customized experience at Sheep Shearing Fest while supporting Stone Barns Center’s mission. If you are interested in learning about custom packages or sponsorship, please contact Maggie Nolin at 914 366 6200 x133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Header photo by Ethan Harrison.