SHEEP SHEARING FEST TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!
This family-friendly event celebrates the arrival of spring with our farmers, educators and farm animals on the fresh spring pasture, and supports our critical work to change the way America farms and eats.
Enjoy activities, crafts, live music and seasonal fare from local vendors for the whole family.
Pick up Stone Barns produce and compost from our Farm Market and be sure to check out the Food Market, featuring local vendors with delicious goods for cash purchase: Baked by Susan, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Bodega Taco Bar, Brooklyn Cider House, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Farmers and Chefs, Luke’s Lobster, Melt Ice Cream Sandwiches, Olde York Farm, The Pantry, Penny Lick Ice Cream, Pierogies on Wheels, Skinny Pines Pizza and Souvlaki Truck.
Schedule of Events
View the complete schedule, along with a map, for the full festival by downloading this year’s Sheep Shearing Fest brochure.
- Sheep Shearing
- Fiber Arts Demos & Activities
- Live Farm Music
- Food Market
- Farm Market, Compost and Plant Sale
- Hands-On Farm Activities
- Potato Planting: 10am – 12pm
- Make Foraged Greens Dip: 11am – 12pm
- Make Spring Rolls: 12:30 – 2:30pm
- Herb Planting in Raised Beds: 1:30 – 2:30pm
- Maypole Dance: 1 & 2:30pm
- Sheep Herding: 2:30pm
- Up-close look at animals and plants on the farm!
- Foraging in the Woodlands with a Stone Barns farmer and Blue Hill chef: 10:30 & 11:30am
- Bees at the Apiary: 10:30am – 12pm
- Vegetable Field Tour: 11 & 11:30am
- Hens and Ducklings in the Barnyard: 12 – 2pm
- Greenhouse Tour: 12 & 2pm
- Pig Feeding: 1pm
Proceeds from Sheep Shearing Fest support Stone Barns Center’s mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system that benefits us all. Your ticket purchase will help Stone Barns Center continue to grow food and ideas to change the way America eats and farms. Stone Barns trains farmers, educates food citizens, develops agroecological farming practices, and convenes change makers.
Please note that Stone Barns Center is open only to ticketholders on the day of Sheep Shearing Fest.
No refunds are available once tickets have been purchased.
Sheep Shearing Fest is RAIN OR SHINE. Please note that dogs are not allowed on the property on this day.
Sheep Shearing Fest 2018 Packages – SOLD OUT!
In addition to individual tickets, we offer exclusive ticket packages with benefits like preferred parking, access to our Garden Lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages, and the opportunity to participate in special activities.
The Garden Lounge is a reserved area at Sheep Shearing Fest for event supporters. While you take in all that Sheep Shearing has to offer, the Garden Lounge provides refreshment, relaxed seating and special farm and crafting activities. Take in the view of our vegetable field from the terrace and enjoy complimentary breakfast pastries served from 10:00 to 11:30 am. Complimentary beverages will be served from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, with beer and wine service beginning at noon.
$175 Celebration Package (tax-deductible amount: $143)
- 1 Sheep Shearing ticket
- 1 access pass for the Garden Lounge
$700 Heritage Package (tax-deductible amount: $572)
- 4 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 4 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 1 preferred parking pass
$1,500 Heirloom Package (tax-deductible amount: $1,244)
- 8 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 8 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 2 preferred parking passes
$5,000 Farm Steward Package (tax-deductible amount: $4,366)
- 12 Sheep Shearing Fest tickets
- 12 access passes for the Garden Lounge
- 4 preferred parking passes
- Private farm tour at Stone Barns Center and a vegetable taste test in the field (for up to 12 people, to be scheduled on a
mutually agreed upon date)
$50 Youth Garden Lounge Pass (tax-deductible amount: $18)
Youth passes can only be purchased with a Celebration Ticket or ticket package.
- 1 Sheep Shearing Fest ticket
- 1 access pass for the Garden Lounge
We offer special opportunities for groups of colleagues, friends or family to enjoy a customized experience at Sheep Shearing Fest while supporting Stone Barns Center’s mission. If you are interested in learning about custom packages or sponsorship, please contact Maggie Nolin at 914 366 6200 x133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With support from