The farm is open Wednesday-Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
Weekend tickets sell out! We recommend purchasing your tickets in advance.
a sample may weekend day will include:
Meet the Sheep: 10-10:45
Egg Collecting: 10:30 – 11:30 am
Farm Activity: Lettuce Taste & Evaluation: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Foraging Walk or Full Farm Adult Walking Tour: 11:45 am – 12:45 pm
Hands-on Taste: Green Foraged Dip: 12:30 – 1:15 pm
Meet the Bees: 12:45 – 1:30 pm
Dig Deep with a Farmer: Building Soil for Heath 1:30-1:45
Making the Rounds: Growing Space Tour (greenhouse): 2:00 pm (20 minutes)
Dig Deep w/a Farmer: Greenhouse Tools: 2:30 – 2:45 pm
Pig Walk: Observe our waste fed Pigs: 3:00 – 3:30 pm
Full Farm Tour: Adult Walking Tour 3:45 – 4:45 pm
Meet the Sheep: 4-4:30
Drop-in activities and details are subject to change. Exact timings will be available upon arrival.
Important Information for Visitors
Come dressed for the farm and the weather–and wear closed-toed shoes. Reusable water bottles can be filled up in the Silo Lobby.
Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the farm’s growing spaces; you may not have a dog with you if you plan on participating in programming.
Blue Hill Cafe and Grain Bar offers light snacks, farm-fresh lattes, and other locally grown goodies. Fresh baked goods and vegetable salads prepared in Blue Hill’s kitchen are available to eat in the courtyard or to take on a walk around the farm. The cafe is open Wednesday-Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Blue Hill at Stone Barns is by reservation only. Please visit bluehillfarm.com for more information.
All programming at the Center is rain or shine except during thunder, lightning and blizzards. To find out if a program has been cancelled due to inclement weather, please call 914-366-6200.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy for all tickets. For a refund, please contact us 48 hours prior to your visit at 914-366-6200 x131.
Weekend admission is for groups of less than 10 people. If you are interested in bringing a group of 10+ people to Stone Barns, please click here for information on group tours.
Visitor Health and Safety
Many of our activities are seasonal, weather-dependent and variable. When visiting, we advise you to wear clothing appropriate for a day out on the farm. You may encounter uneven terrain, farm equipment and unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells. We encourage you to explore but ask you to respect our farmers’ work as well as our animals and crops by keeping a safe distance. Please remember that many fences are electrified for our animals’ protection. Do not pet our animals. Whenever possible, but always before eating, clean your hands by washing and lathering vigorously for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Wipes and sanitizers are not adequate protection. Children under 5, the elderly, pregnant women, and individuals with heart disease or compromised immune systems should exercise caution while visiting any farm.
Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in any growing areas; this includes the Field, Pastures, Barnyard, and Greenhouse. Please note: you may not have a dog with you if you plan on participating in programming.
Visitors are welcome to bike to the Center, but bike riding is not permitted on the grounds of Stone Barns Center or on the Rockefeller State Park Preserve trails. Please leave and lock your bike at the rack by the gatehouse entrance.
Upon entering the property, you grant to Stone Barns Center and its employees, agents and assigns the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Stone Barns Center print, electronic, and digital media and publications. Visitors are welcome to take photographs of Stone Barns Center for their own personal use and we encourage you to share your photos and tag us @StoneBarns on Instagram!
Drone photography or filming is never permitted without the express written consent of Stone Barns Center.
Professional photography shoots (personal, engagement, wedding etc) are not allowed at Stone Barns Center. For commercial photography on site, advanced permission must be secured. Commercial photographers should contact 914 366 6200 x139 to request permission before visiting Stone Barns.
Looking for a weekend getaway? The Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel offers a special Stone Barns Package that includes an exclusive rate, admission to Stone Barns Center and travel on Metro North. Learn more, here.
For GPS Directions
Enter address as 630 Bedford Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591
See below for more detailed directions.
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10591 (if using a GPS enter Tarrytown, NY 10591)
10:00 am-5:00 pm
Driving – from points South
- Take 87 North (New York State Thruway) to Saw Mill River Parkway North to Exit 23, Eastview.
- At the light make a left.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Lake Road.
- Lake Road will merge onto Route 448. Continue for approximately 0.8 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points North
- Take Saw Mill River Parkway South to Exit 23, Saw Mill River Road/Eastview.
- At the light, turn right.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Lake Road.
- Continue straight onto Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 0.7 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points North
- Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117 to Route 448
- Continue on Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 1.7 miles. Entrance on the right.
Driving – from points East
- Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway).
- Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119.
- Take Route 119 to the end.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9.
- Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles.
- Make a right onto Route 448/Bedford Road.
- Follow up hill and make a left at the stop sign, continuing on Route 448.
- Continue approximately 0.5 miles. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points West
- Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.
- Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North.
- Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
- Take the Metro-North Hudson line to Tarrytown.
- For scheduling and additional train information, visit www.mta.info.
- Taxis are usually available at the Tarrytown train station.
Free weekend passes are available for checkout at these Westchester libraries:
- Briarcliff Manor Public Library
- Bronxville Public Library
- Chappaqua Library
- Croton Free Library
- Greenburgh Public Library
- Harrison Public Library
- Hasting on Hudson Public Library
- Hendrick Hudson Free Library, Montrose
- Irvington Public Library
- John C. Hart Memorial Library, Shrub Oak
- Mahopac Public Library
- Mount Pleasant Public Library
- Mount Kisco Public Library
- Mount Vernon Public Library
- New Rochelle Library
- North Castle Public Library
- NYMC Health Sciences Library, Valhalla
- Ossining Public Library
- Pelham Public Library
- Rye Free Reading Room
- Scarsdale Public Library
- The Field Library, Peekskill
- Warner Library, Tarrytown
- White Plains Public Library
- Yonkers Public Library – Crestman branch
- Yonkers Public Library – Grinton I. Will branch
- Yonkers Public Library – Riverfront branch
Check back soon for additional library partners.
Thank you to Con Edison for supporting our Free Weekend Pass program.